Dear Heritage Parent/Guardian:
As you are probably aware, Maricopa County Public Health recently confirmed one case of 2019 Novel Coronavirus in Maricopa County. This individual is a member of the ASU community. The risk to Maricopa County residents, including the ASU community, is believed to be low at this time.
We understand that there is much concern over this new strain, and MCDPH is committed to providing the most up-to-date information at www.maricopa.gov/coronavirus.
Because protection from all respiratory viruses are similar, this is a good time to review strategies we can all use to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, such as the flu:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick, and keep sick children home as well.
- Cover your cough or sneeze, then immediately discard any tissues.
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched objects and surfaces.
Heritage Academy staff also take these precautions inside of our classrooms in order to ensure a healthy learning environment for your children.
We will keep you updated with any developments that could impact our families or schools.
If you have any questions, please contact the school.
Heritage Academy Board, Chairman