23 July 2020
Dear Heritage Families,
Earlier today Governor Ducey and Superintendent Hoffman provided additional information and guidance on school reopening. While it didn’t provide answers to all of the open questions, they did provide the following information. (See Executive Order 2020-51)
1. The Executive Order today stated that there will be additional criteria to meet before schools can reopen in person. This criteria will be released Friday, 7 August 2020 . Heritage plans to open as soon as possible.
2. On site support services for our scholars with special needs will begin on Monday, 17 August 2020.
3. A face covering policy for staff and students is mandated in this executive order. The information on 7 August will help us define this for our community.
In addition to the information above, I would like to add a few additional points.
1. Our school year will continue to start as originally planned. It will continue to be online until further notice. Please refer to the calendar posted on your school website.
2. Parents and guardians may view our Distance Learning Plan on our website. CLICK HERE to view
3. While there is still a serious risk of COVID in our communities, we are encouraged to see widespread slowing of the spread of this disease from the Arizona Department of Health Services.
More information will be coming from your Principal as details are developed. Please read them carefully.
Heritage teachers are the best. They have been preparing excellent lessons to continue learning in both online and in person classes. As your scholars abide by the “Habits for Academic Success” outlined in our Scholar/Parent Handbook they will greatly increase their changes to continue learning during this time.
Chairman, Governing Board
Heritage Academy Schools